Tigers clinch Division Two title

The action-packed season is drawing to a close and Irlam Tiger Rangers capped a fine end to the season as they held off Hattersley to capture the Division Two title.

Hattersley had led the division for a large portion of the season but a strong finish by Irlam had seen them overtake the leaders and they went into the last game of the season knowing a win over Hattersley would confirm them champions.

Irlam showed their intent as the raced into an early lead with a brace from striker Karl Cassell giving them a 2-0 lead they held on comfortably to the break.

The outstanding Sean Dawson extended the Irlam lead on 60 minutes but Hattersley kept in the frame as they reduced the arrears with a spot kick.

Irlam were not to be denied however and Dawson sealed the win with another clinical finish to set up plenty of celebrations.

The other game in the division saw Wythenshawe Wanderers ease to a 5-1 win at Newton and in midweek there were wins for Eccles United by 3-0 at Mellor and Sale Ams defeated South Manchester 5-1.

With the Division Three title won by Village Manchester, there were just two games and the local derby between, AFC Stockport and Stoconians ended in a 1-1 deadlock and Woodhouses won 3-1 at Abacus Media reserves.

It’s still all to play for in Division A with three teams in the hunt for the title.
Kartel Sports have a slender one-point lead after a close 2-1 win over AFC Oldham reserves keeps them in front with a vital game in hand.

However, North Walkden reserves are still well placed to capitalise on any slip-up after two clinical wins in the space of three days – a convincing 5-0 win at Greater Manchester on Thursday which they followed up by easing to a 3-0 win at basement boys Trafford United reserves.
Lurking just behind the top two are Salford Storm who kept in the hunt with a 2-0 win over in-form Santos.

With the top two slots in Division B decided there was just one game played in the division and it was a real thriller with Spurley Hey winning by the odd goal in nine at Flixton JFC.

Mellor reserves are the Division C champions having completed their fixtures with a 5-0 midweek win at Eccles United reserves but there were plenty of other games and goals galore in the division.

Govan Athletic Development warmed up for their forthcoming Hellawell Shield final with a 6-3 win over Village Manchester reserves, AFC Stockport Warriors also hit six at Salford Storm reserves and Staly Lions enjoyed a 4-0 win at Bury Ams reserves.

Much closer in the other midweek game with Bury Ams beating Urmston Town Vale 1-0.

In Division D, a cobbled together Salford Vics dev team enjoyed a proper end of the season game against Milltown with Vincent Omeje scoring four in a topsy turvy encounter in which both teams performed well going forward, aided by some unconvincing defending that aided the 8-5 win for Vics.

The game was played in a brilliant spirit and with proper shooting boots it could have been 20 all!

The spirit was matched in the other game played in the semi-final of the Harry Jack Cup.

Chadderton Cott made it through to the final winning a top-class thriller with Bury Ams by 4-2 to book their final slot against Signol Athletic.