De La Salle make their move

A full programme of games for the league turned out to be  damp squib as large numbers of games were postponed due to pitches being waterlogged, hit by molehills, Covid infections and the crazy time for soccer at this level being hit by the Manchester derby Saturday lunchtime kick off.

Just two games played in the Premier Division and De La Salle Reds hit the top of the division with an emphatic 6-1 win at Milton taking them ahead on goal difference from non playing Stretford Paddock with a vital game in hand.

There was plenty of sparkle for North Walkden who also hit six at Mellor who had two consolation goals in a 6-2 cruise.

Just one game played in Division One but it was a real firecracker at Irlam Tigers as they took on leaders Chadderton Cott.

It was even-steven for most of the game with both sides giving their best, creating chances but failing to convert them.

Then after 85 minutes there was a big bang as Cott took the lead through Callum Barrow.

The Tigers showed their fighting spirit as they immediately hit back to level with a spot-kick from Tyler Lee.

There was then a flurry of three late cards from referee James Keeley, who had a superb game as some of the players failed to control their emotions going into the dramatic finale.

The 1-1 deadlock sees Cott move three points ahead of Signol Athletic on level games played and the Tigers are still in serious contention with a game in hand on the top two.

The two games played in Division Two saw Eccles United move level on points with Hattersley after an efficient 5-1 win at Bedians.

Wythenshawe Wanderers also went nap as a 5-2 win over Stretford Paddock reserves to stay handily placed in third spot three points off the top two.

In Division Three AFC Stockport moved into the pole position with a 5-2 win over Salford Albion.

It takes them three points clear of Radclyffe AFC who have a game in hand and a slightly superior goal difference.

The other game in the division was a mid-table affair and provided plenty of entertainment as Elton Lib Hargreaves won by the odd goal in seven at Hooley Bridge Celtic.

There was more action in Division A with three games completed with the top two teams in action.

North Walkden reserves stay three points clear with a fizzing 4-1 win over Moston Brook reserves.

Salford Storm stay three points behind the leaders with an entertaining 4-2 victory at Milton reserves and they have a game in hand to their credit.

Milnrow Firgrovia kept up the four-goal theme as they won 4-3 at Stretford Paddock Development.

It was a dead duck in Division B with no games taking place but in Division C there were five games played with plenty of goals scored.

This was led by leaders Dukinfield Athletic who won 5-2 at AFC Stockport Warriors to remain in the pole position on goal difference.

Chasing them all the way are Altrincham Hale who had to work hard for a 3-2 win over visitors Salford Storm reserves.

Govan Athletic Development kept up their hunt of the top two with an immaculate clean sheet seeing them home by 3-0 at Stoconians thirds.

Goals galore at Staly Lions who lost out 6-4 to Bury Ams reserves and Eccles United reserves and Village Manchester reserves shared six goals in another excellent game.

Two games in Division D saw Moston Brook fourths rocket to the top with a cracking 7-2 victory over Altrincham Hale reserves, taking over the lead by a point from non-playing Bury Ams thirds.

The other game saw Whalley Range draw level with Bury after easing to a convincing 5-1 win over Mellor Development.