This is a particularly trying time for all in grassroots football. The national lockdown has put a halt to the game and with the uncertainty surrounding when it will be safe to resume, the L&C has sent out voting forms to all clubs to give their preferences in the event that the season cannot be completed in its entirety.
We have every intention of finishing the league season and are making plans so that we are ready to go if and when grassroots football is given the go-ahead. However, in the event this is not possible, the league has sent a ballot paper for clubs to give their views, should the season not be completed.
This is one of the points to bear in mind in our latest update:-
- The voting is underway for the possibility of season 20-21 curtailment. Please consider the options carefully and consult your clubs for their views.
- The committee are raring to go once we get the go ahead that it is safe to do so. We want to be ready to restart without any issues – all administration matters (in both meaning of the word!) from before Christmas must be completed before you restart.
- Match sheets, refs marks and match stats must be up to date. John Howard, Harry Jack and Gill Bowden are continuing their checks, so please assist them by doing the necessary NOW, not waiting till a date for a restart is known.
- The treasurer Phil Faulkner has sent invoices for all outstanding amounts. Many clubs have paid, but a significant number have not replied at all. We fully understand that there is no income, but you need to speak to Phil to make arrangements for when you can pay.
- We hope all are safe, secure and well.