Most grounds will be without changing room facilities by the start of this season, as a direct result of safety measures relating to Covid-19. As such, we require vital information from clubs about forthcoming plans.
Having now received responses from all except six clubs on pitch/dressing room availability, we are now in a position to share some information with you. Only nine grounds will have changing facilities available. In our opinion it will be many months before facility providers open their changing rooms. With a handful of facilities open, we cannot run sufficient matches each week to complete the season if we stipulate our normal standard of dressing rooms/showers provided.
Therefore, we are considering how the league could run without changing facilities. The guidance says to arrive changed and go home in kit. We have seen enough rain recently to remind us of what a soggy experience that would be. Therefore the league’s conditions which must be met to play a match without changing rooms are :-
· Toilets must be available and used one-in/one out
· Hand sanitization must be followed
· No changing into or out of kit in public view on car parks or by the side of pitches – the league does not want to receive any embarrassing complaints from members of the public about not using toilets or exposed bodies.
· Clubs will wish to collect kit to avoid it being lost, so no handling – used kit goes in a bag for 72 hours and is then washed
· Clubs could consider using tents/gazebos for use one-in/one out
We need to know and want replies to Brian, Graham, Malcolm and Keith by Wednesday 2nd September:–
- Where changing facilities are not open, are the toilets?
- If clubs feel they can meet these requirements, along with all the other Covid-19 requirements, in order to start the league programme from 19th Sept (now the earliest possible date due to the outstanding work required to generate fixtures).
- Would clubs with open facilities play at grounds which are not open?