Following up on the statement from Manchester FA last week, the L&C has taken the decision to continue playing at the current time. This is subject to change as and when further action is necessary. We will keep the league updated if our position changes. All updates this week are below.
- The fixture schedule is released until the end of the season. Cup fixtures that can be, have been scheduled, a reminder that after 90 minutes it is straight to penalties and referee fees are shared. Further changes will be necessary, so please check regularly. For all fixture matters contact Malcolm Kershaw email@example.com.
- 3/4G bookings – for the best prices please book pitches direct with the facility, ie the pitch provider, not via a third party such as ‘Total Football’. More information about 3G pitches, discussed at the EGM was issued last week.
- Coronavirus : The league carries on playing until further notice. Please see messages of 14th March. The Respect Handshake was suspended in this league, see messages issued 29th Feb.
- Dukinfield Athletic have pitch availability at Astley Sports for the following dates – April 4th, 18th and 25th, if anyone needs a 4G pitch on these dates to help alleviate any fixture backlog. Pitch cost would be £75 a game. Please contact Steve Limb Tel: 07837 992720
- South Manchester’s secretary Tony Brogan is away 9th – 22nd March, please contact Frank Forster (0161 432 4532) or Jim Donohue 07768180780 in his absence.
- Many of you will remember Lee Wilkinson, long serving manager of Parrswood Celtic, who sadly passed away last weekend. His funeral will take place on Monday 23rd March at 12:00 at Manchester Crematorium.