As we’re entering the business end of the season, a number of our football clubs will have cause for celebration, whether winning leagues, promotions, cup success or surviving relegation.
However, it is important to adhere with the alcohol policy when enjoying celebrations, and these are highlighted in the weekly update.
- All fixtures, can still be subject to alteration, including night matches, please review and contact Fixtures secretary Malcolm Kershaw, email@example.com if you plan to avoid Premier League by switching nights.
- League Cup Finals have been booked for the following venues, all are 7.30pm kick offs, and £2 for spectators.
- Thursday 25th April at Chorlton & West Didsbury – Hellawell Shield Final Chadderton Park Seconds v Irlam Tiger seconds.
- Thursday 2nd May at Chorlton & West Didsbury – Whitehead Cup Final Chadderton Cott v Stoconians 3rds.
- Thursday 9th May at Hyde United – Rhodes Cup Final Radclyffe v Salford Vic.
- At this time of the season it is timely for me to remind all clubs who have cause for celebration of the need to comply with L & C Alcohol Policy. Here’s a link to the new website. The drugs and alcohol policy is included, https://landc.org.uk/rules-and-articles/ Save the celebration for the pub ie not at the pitchside and certainly not while the match is in progress.
- For the remainder of the season please contact Chris Millward 07487646355 for Stoconians.
- The special presentation evening for the 110th anniversary of the L & C AFL, is on the 17th May at the Renaissance Hotel on Blackfriars St, corner of Deansgate, Manchester, where tickets at £20 will be subsidised. Notification and invoices for the club mandatory place numbers were issued in last week. Please send me your requirements for additional places as soon as possible. A letter was issued to all clubs as well. Also any nominations for long service (25 years in the L & C) can be sent to me.