In the latest update to all clubs and their secretaries, L & C AFL has confirmed dates and venues for semi-finals and final fixtures. Here is the full round-up.
- Contact Fixtures secretary Malcolm Kershaw, email@example.com with any issues or for assistance with 3/4G bookings. To assist clubs in finding 3G/4G pitches a list was issued on the 7th Feb. March fixtures but will be subject to alteration with cup and rescheduled matches.
- League Cup Finals have been booked for the following venues, all are 7.30pm kick offs. Tuesday 16th April at Wythenshawe Amateurs – Wray Cup Final. Thursday 25th April at Chorlton & West Didsbury – Hellawell Shield Final. Thursday 2nd May at Chorlton & West Didsbury – Whitehead Cup Final. Thursday 9th May at Hyde United – Rhodes Cup Final.
- League cup semi-finals. Hellawell Shield, two legs – 9th March Chadderton Park Res v Bury Amateur 3rd, 16th March Bury Amateur 3rd v Chadderton Park Res. 23rd March – Irlam Tiger Res v Hollingworth Res, 30th March – Hollingworth Res v Irlam Tiger Res. Whitehead Cup – 30th March. Dukinfield Athletic reserves v Chadderton Cott at Wright Robinson 3G kick off 2pm. Stoconians 3rd v Chadderton Cott reserves at Astley Sports Village 4G ko 2.30pm.
- Congratulations to Parrswood Celtic who have reached the Manchester Amateur Cup final against Failsworth Dynamoes on Friday 12th April, kick off 7.30pm at Trafford FC.
- The next EGM for all clubs to attend is on Thursday 21st March at 8PM at Curzon Ashton. The agenda will be issued later this week.
- The League have a representative inter league match against the Lancashire Amateur league on Weds 20th March. Offers of high quality players will be very welcome.
- A reminder that the deadline for new registrations is 31st March.
- The end of this season marks the 110th anniversary of the L & C AFL. A special presentation evening is being planned for the 17th May at the Radisson Hotel on Deansgate, Manchester, where tickets will be subsidised. Save the date! More details will follow as plans develop.